Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Incidents at Virginia Tech

Not often do I feel the need to comment on gun violence, but this event has struck too close to home. Not only is Virginia Tech my alma mater, it is a place that I hold near to my heart. I chose to attend Tech the moment I first drove into town. I grew up in the suburbs of Ft. Lauderdale, and I had no idea that such beauty and serenity existed in any community, especially a small town like Blacksburg. In the 4 years I spent at the school, I always felt safe and secure. Doors were never locked, and everyone got along.

When my sister called yesterday to tell me the news (I rarely watch), I was in disbelief. After spending several hours trying to contact my friends that still live and work in Blacksburg, I spent some time watching the footage online. The idyllic background hardly seems like the setting for a tragedy such as this.

I ask and encourage each one of you to take a few moments and send love and blessings to the town, its residents, and the families affected by the events. Now is the time for lightwork, not for grief or self-indulgent sadness. Let's raise the vibration for healing for those who really need it. Thanks for reading and for your loving thoughts.

4 comments:

Sama said...

Unbelievable that this was so close to home for you. I can imagine the shock you must have felt. I am sending the family and friends of those lost love and prayers for healing. God Bless them all.

Renata said...

I agree, let's raise the vibration with our thoughts and prayers. In this time of shock and devastation we can offer our intentions of love and meditations of compassion. If we can strive to be Many in Body & One in Mind we can achieve a sense of unity within the midst of this misfortune.
~Blessings to All~

SunSon said...

Janis,

I am here again with a need of "light". To get some light shed on the surroundings here. What does "cht" stand for after your name, Janis?

Renata,

How do you "raise vibration"? What kind of vibration, cell phone vibration ringer, drill cibration,..? I know I am ignorant here, I want to learn. Please teach me. I love to know, can I even if I dont have enough dough? I am far from a pro. My knowledge's gauge is low.

Suny Son

Janis Ericson, Cht. said...

Hi SunSon. Cht stands for Certified Hypnotherapist. Thanks for joining us!